Brownian Motion: a Paradigm for Soft Matter and Biological Physics
The workshop is co-organized with the Center for NanoScience (CeNS) and will take place on September 26-28, 2005 at the Ludwig-Maximilians-University Munich. The program will start Monday 9 am and end Wednesday 4 pm. For Monday night we plan to visit the famous Munich Oktoberfest.
- Andreas Bausch: 'Cytoskeletal polymer networks: relating molecular structure to macrosopic properties'
- Dieter Braun: 'What drives Molecules along Thermal Gradients?'
- Philippe Cluzel: 'Noise propagation in the chemotaxis network of a single bacterium'
- Werner Ebeling: 'From passive to active Brownian motion'
- Dekel Erez: 'Optimality and evolutionery tuning of the expression level of a protein'
- Ernst-Ludwig Florin: '3D and 2D imaging of soft and dynamic nanostructures using thermal fluctuations'
- Thomas Franosch: 'The localization transition of the 3D lorentz model and continuum percolation'
- Matthias Fuchs: 'Properties of stationary states in sheared colloidal dispersions'
- Ulrich Gerland: 'Coupled dynamics of DNA/RNA base-pairing and nanopore translocation'
- Gerhard Gompper: 'Hydrodynamics of vesicles and cells in shear and capillary flows'
- Frank Jülicher: 'Cell dynamics and cellular oscillations'
- Yariv Kafri: 'Collective behavior of molecular motors pulling liquid membranes'
- Yossi Klafter: 'Biological processes on the level of a single molecule'
- Klaus Kroy: 'How a deterministic response emerges from Brownian polymer dynamics'
- Georg Maret: 'Conformation and stretching of end tethered DNA'
- Ralf Metzler: 'Breathing dynamics of local DNA-denaturation zones- Sequencing and nano-sensing'
- Felix Ritort: 'Recovering folding free energies of RNA molecules in an experimental test of Crooks fluctuation theorem'
- Christoph Schmidt: 'Short time inertial response of viscoelastic fluids: direct observation of vortex propagation in the correlated Brownian motion of micron-sized particles'
- Udo Seifert: 'Fluctuation theorems, Jarzynski relation and entropy production'
- Igor Sokolov: 'Diffusion in complex molecular systems: nonlocality and memory'
- Holger Stark: 'Hydrodynamic Interactions in Colloidal Physics and the Locomotion in Biology'
- Royce Zia: 'On Mass Transport Models: Exact Results, Condensation Transitions, and Condensates' Properties'