2022 Arnold Sommerfeld School
The Arnold Sommerfeld Center for Theoretical Physics at the LMU in Munich will host a school on “Physics meets Artificial Intelligence” in the period September 12-16, 2022. We plan to have the school in presence, in accordance with the Corona rules then in force.
The school is primarily aimed at PhD students. It will cover applications of machine learning to different fields of physics, as well as theoretical aspects of machine learning. The format will be a mix of review and specialized talks, interspersed with hands on exercises. There will also be a poster session where the students can present their work.
- Annabelle Bohrdt (Harvard University) [Slides, Video]
- Giuseppe Carleo (EPFL, Lausanne) [Notes, Videos]
- Alex Cole (Amsterdam University) [Slides 1, Slides 2, Videos]
- Marylou Gabrie (École Polytechnique, Paris) [Slides, Videos (First 15 minutes of lecture 1 missing, please consult the slides instead)]
- Daniel Grün (LMU Munich) [Slides, Video]
- Theo Heimel, replacing Anja Butter (both Heidelberg University) [Slides, Videos]
- Gitta Kutyniok (LMU Munich) [Slides 1, Slides 2, Videos]
- Roger Melko (Perimeter Institute, Waterloo) [Slides, Supplementary notes, Videos]
- Tilman Plehn (Heidelberg University) [Slides 1, Slides 2]
- Danilo Rezende (DeepMind) [Slides, Videos]
- Filippo Vicentini (EPFL, Lausanne) [Video]
Michael Haack, Sven Krippendorf, Lode Pollet and Hartmut Ruhl
Please apply before May 31, 2022. Due to space limitation we might not be able to accept all applicants. We will inform you about the approval or refusal of your application before June 20. There is no fee but you will have to arrange your trip and accommodation yourself. You can find a list of hostels and hotels close to the ASC here. Note that the school takes place just before the Oktoberfest and, thus, hotel prices will increase enormously starting from the night after the school.
Arnold Sommerfeld Center for Theoretical Physics
Lecture hall: B052
This is downtown Munich and it is reachable by underground (take line U3 or U6 to stop Universität or line U2 to stop Theresienstraße) and by tram (take line 27 to stop Pinakotheken).
Participation via Zoom
If you would like to participate via Zoom, please register under:
Lectures / tutorials in the main lecture room B052:
Parallel sessions in room B051:
Note that not all lectures / tutorials might be available via Zoom...